Are you always staring at people to admire their smiles? A beautiful smile is hard to resist. The good news is that it is open to more than just a few people. Instead, if you can find a good cosmetic dentist near you, you will have an incredibly beautiful smile.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
It is an area of dentistry that focuses on elevating teeth’ appearance to beautify smiles. Cosmetic dentistry in Annapolis, MD, revolves around improving teeth’s color, shapes, sizes, and spacing. However, our dentists also incorporate gum appearance in cosmetic procedures.
Types of Cosmetic Dental Procedures
There are different cosmetic procedures you can try to improve your smile. It depends on your underlying needs. The goal of cosmetic dental procedures is teeth whitening, contouring, and alignment. Some of the cosmetic dental procedures to try at Guard Your Smile Dentistry are:
- Teeth whitening – is a popular procedure that entails bleaching teeth enamel to remove stains and brighten teeth.
- Dental bonding – entails masking dental imperfections with a tooth-colored resin called composite. Composite bonding can improve color, shape, and size.
- Dental veneers are tooth-colored porcelain shells that improve teeth’ appearance by replacing the enamel’s front side. Cosmetic dentists employ dental veneers as alternatives to composite bonding for patients looking for a more permanent solution.
- Dental crowns – are oral appliances that replace the entire tooth enamel, encapsulating a tooth as a cap. Dentists employ dental crowns to restore teeth with significantly weak structures, and dental veneers do not suffice for treatment.
- Oral bridges – are tooth replacement appliances featuring two dental crowns and an artificial replacement tooth. Dental bridges are ideal for replacing 1-4 missing teeth in a row.
- Clear aligners – cosmetic dentists recommend clear aligners as alternatives to metal braces. These aligners are ideal for improving teeth spacing and alignment.
When Can You Benefit from Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dental procedures are available to anyone looking to improve their smile appearance. Some of the oral conditions that can be addressed in cosmetic dentistry are:
- A misplaced midline – the two front teeth determine the placement of your midline. Therefore, you can have a misplaced midline if you have improper tooth alignment.
- Crooked teeth – instead of removing a crooked tooth, a cosmetic dentist can adjust its shape and size.
- Oddly shaped teeth – including unusually short, pointy, rounded, one down, or smaller-than-average teeth.
- Stubborn tooth stains – cosmetic dentistry can help improve your teeth’ color, especially if you have tried other approaches to removing stains without success.
- Tooth fractures – cracked, chipped, or broken teeth can benefit from dental bonding and oral veneers.
- Gummy smile – cosmetic dentists can treat a gummy smile through again reduction surgery.
Are Cosmetic Dental Procedures Worth It?
When weighing worth, you have to account for its benefits period some of the advantages of cosmetic dental procedures are:
- Quick fixes – most cosmetic dental procedures offer a quick solution to several imperfections that you may have.
- Confidence boost – when you leave your dentist’s office, you will already feel an improvement in your mood and confidence.
- Aesthetic results – the primary goal of cosmetic dentistry is to improve your appearance. Therefore, the dental protocols in cosmetic dentistry will result in a natural-looking appearance.
- Optimal oral health and functionality – even though cosmetic dentistry prioritizes aesthetics, the procedures also boost oral health and function. Your teeth will function much better after cosmetic dentistry. Besides, the treatments repair weak teeth and improve your bite.
- Better oral hygiene – it is fascinating how a beautiful smile motivates most people to better care for their teeth.
Cosmetic dentistry is quickly becoming a big deal as more people learn different ways to elevate their appearance. There is no shame in wanting a better-looking smile, especially if you can afford the elective treatments necessary to achieve your goals. The good news is that various treatment protocols range from short-term to long-term solutions.